The baby corn is a delicious and nutritive diet and free from the effects of insecticides as it is covered with leaves. Phosphorus is found in sufficient quantity in baby corn. Cobs removed within 3 to 5 days after their emergence are called baby corns.
|Seed Required||10-12 kg/acre|
|Fruit size||8-10 cms|
|Maturity period||Ready from 50 days onwards|
1. Bred especially to produce mini corn
2. A highly popular variety with excellent marketability
3. Tender cobs can be eaten raw or cooked
4. Produces 3 to 5 cobs per plant
1. Feb – Sep (Northern States)
2. Jan – Sep (Eastern States)
3. All round the year (Western Sates)
4. As there is no necessity for pollination and seed setting this crop can be sown in any time round the year under irrigation in Karnataka.