RK Seeds - White Sandalwood Seeds, Chandan seeds, (Santalum album) - Pack of 100 g + white sandal host plant Seeds- Casuarina seeds Casuarina equisetifolia Pack 50 g - (Pack of 2)
1. The sandal tree, also known as Chandana, White sandal in India, is the botanical name Santalum album. The sandal is capable of growing in different kinds of soils, even in shallow rocky soils, but cannot stand waterlogging. It can tolerate very high temperatures. The plant is highly susceptible to browsing and fire.
2. SEEDS: About 6,000 seeds weigh a kilogram.
3. PRETREATMENT OF SEEDS: Seeds are soaking in water for 24 hours
4. NURSERY TECHNIQUE: Pretreated seeds sowing to mother bed and covered with straw which is removed when the seedlings emerge. When seedlings attain the 4 to 6-leaf stage, they are transplanted into polythene bags, along with seeds of a primary host tree Cajanus cajan, or any other host.
5. Germination percentage : 60 -70 %
6. Germoination time : 15 to 21 days