1. Eucalyptus hybrid (Mysore gum) is fast-growing, capable of overtopping weeds, coppices well, is fire hardy, browse resistant, and it has the ability to adapt to a wide range of edaphoclimatic conditions.
2. Eucalyptus hybrid is the most widely planted in India.
3. Eucalyptus hybrid Seeds: Germination percentage: 90 %
4. No. seedlings/kg of seed: 50000 nos.
5. Pretreatment: Not required.
6. Nursery Technique: Seed mixed with sand is broadcasted on raised primary beds with a cover of fine sand. The bed is covered with hay.
7. Germination takes place within 5 to 15 days. When 5 to 14 CMS tall, they are pricked out to the poly bags.