100% Natural and Organic way to catch oriental fruit flies (Bactocera dorsalis). It is mostly recommended for organic farming and agriculture processes.
Chipku Fruit Fly Bactocera Dorsalis The oriental fruit fly has been recorded from 478 kinds of fruit and vegetables, including apricot, avocado, banana, citrus, coffee, fig, guava, loquat, mango, rose apple, papaya, passion fruit, peach, pear, persimmon, pineapple, surinam cherry, and tomato.
However, avocado, mango and papaya are the most commonly attacked. Infestations of 50–80% have been recorded.
Fruit fly attacks over avocado, banana, bitter melon, citrus, coffee, guava, macadamia, mango, papaya, passion fruit, peppers, persimmon, and tomato.
This pest will apparently breed in all fleshy fruits. The damage to crops caused by oriental fruit flies results from,
1) Oviposition in fruit and soft tissues of vegetative parts of certain plants,
2) Feeding by the larvae,
3) Decomposition of plant tissue by invading secondary microorganisms. Development from egg to adult under summer conditions requires about 16 days. The mature larva emerges from the fruit, drops to the ground, and forms a tan to dark brown puparium.
1. Cost Effective/User Friendly
2. Attract Targeted pest only/Non-toxic
3. Weather Proof Long Lasting
4. Decrease insecticide use so recommended for organic farming
5. Up to 60 + days of field life
6. Result-oriented product
7. Leak Proof Pouch Design