1. Pterocarpus santalinus also known as Red Sanders ,Red Sanderswood, Red Saunders, Rakta chandana (Indian), Lal Chandan, Ragat Chandan, Rukhto Chandan, Undum.
2. Pterocarpus santalinus commonly known as Red Sandalwood, is a native and endemic to India. Timber is highly demanded domestically and internationally, and especially in East Asian countries.
3. Red sandalwood timber is used for carvings, furniture, poles, and house posts. The rare “wavy” grain variant is highly valued for its acoustic properties and is used to make musical instruments.
4. No.of Seed per kg. : 900 to 1250
5. Germination period / Time taken for germination : 15 to 21 days
6. Germination Percentage : 60 to 70 %
7. No. of Seedlings per Kg of Seeds : 230 to 250 Nos