Chipku - Pheromone Water Trap with Lure Lucinodes orbonalis Lure for Catch Insect/Moth brinjal Fruit, Shoot Borer (Luecinodes Orbonalis) (Lure + Trap)
Chipku water Trap/Insect Trap/Insect useful to catch (luecinodes Orbonalis) Brinjal fruit and shoot borer moth, is the natural & cost effective way to catch moth without using an insecticide or harmful chemicals.
It is a safe & nature-friendly product Brinjal fruit and shoot borer (BFSB) is a very important pest on brinjal and is one of the main impediments to brinjal production.
It is an internal borer which damages the tender shoots and fruits. The yield loss varies from season to season and from location to location. It can also attacks other crops such as other Solanaceae (e.g. potato, tomato) mango, sweet potato.
Orbonalis eggs are laid during the night on the lower surface of the young leaves, green stems, flower buds, or calyces of the fruits. Within an hour of hatching, the caterpillar (larva) bores into the nearest tender shoot, flower, or fruit. Soon after boring into shoots or fruits, they plug the entrance hole with excreta. In young plants, caterpillars are reported to bore inside petioles and midribs of large leaves.
As a result, the affected leaves may drop off. Larval feeding inside shoots results in wilting of the young shoot. The damaged shoots ultimately drop off, disturbing plant growth and reducing fruit number and size. New shoots may grow but this delays crop maturity. Larval feeding inside the fruit results in the destruction of fruit tissue, making even slightly damaged fruit unfit for marketing.
Usage procedure of trap
1. Attach battom base to water container
2. Open Lure Packet.
3. Insert lure in center of the lure holder
4. Attach Lure holder to center of water container from upper side
5. Add 1-1.2 ltr of water in to the water trap add 5-10 drops of any vegatable oil
6. Tie the trap on a wooden stick of height of 1 meter.
Host Crops: Brinjal , Egg plant
Targeted Pest: Brinjal fruit and shoot borer moth (Luecinodes orbonalis)
1. Cost Effective/User Friendly
2. Attract Targeted pest only/Non toxic
3. Weather Proof long Lasting
4. Decrease insecticide use so recommended for organic farming.
5. Up to 45 + days field life
6. Result oriented product
7. Leak Proof Pouch Design