1. Guava seeds remain viable for many months. They often germinate in 2 to 3 weeks but may take as long as 8 weeks. Pretreatment with sulfuric acid, or boiling for 5 minutes, or soaking for 2 weeks, will hasten germination.
2. Growing Technology of seeds - pre-treatment of seed: soak the seeds in water for 2 weeks.
3. Nursery technique: pre- treated seed sown beds and covered with straw which is removed when the seedlings emerge. When seedlings attain 3 leaf stage, they are transplanted into polythene bags.
4. Spacing: a spacing 5 - 6m in either way is generally followed.
6. Planting: pit of 45 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm size.