RK Seeds Napier Grass Seeds, Elephant Grass Seeds, Fodder Seeds, Grass seeds, Napier grass High yield variety grass seeds, cattle grass seeds
1. NAPIER GRASS (Pennisetum purpureum) is a popular fodder crop for small-scale dairy farmers in the high and medium-potential dairy production areas. It is a fast-growing, deeply rooted, perennial grass growing up to 4 meters tall that can spread by underground stems to form a thick ground cover. Napier is easy to establish and persistent; Drought Tolerant; suitable for cutting and very good for silage making.
2. NAPIER GRASS is a high-yielding fodder crop with good palatability, Highly Nutritious especially when young, with dark green leaves and less than 1 meter tall.
3. NAPIER GRASS can be grown along with fodder trees along field boundaries or along contour lines or terrace risers to help control erosion. It can be intercropped with crops such as legumes and fodder trees, or as a pure stand.
4. NAPIER GRASS is that it propagates easily. It has a soft stem that is easy to cut. It has deep roots, so is fairly drought-resistant. The tender, young leaves and stems are very palatable for livestock and grow very fast.
5. NAPIER GRASS is an improved fodder grass that produces a lot of high-protein forage.
6. Germination percentage: 80 to 90 %
7. Period of germination: 8 to 12 days
8. Seeds required per acre: Approximately 2 Kg