1) Sesbania grandiflora - The flowers of Sesbania grandiflora – Agati is EATEN AS VEGETABLE.
2) The YOUNG PODS are also eaten, along with the LEAVES.
3) The tree provides FORAGE, pulp and paper, FOOD, GREEN MANURE, and LANDSCAPE DECORATION.
4) It also has potential for REFORESTING ERODED LAND AND GRASSY WATERLANDS.
5) Agati – Sesbania grandiflora leaves could be used as HERBAGE FOR GROWING GOATS.
6) It is a fast-growing tree. The flowers of Sesbania grandiflora are eaten as a vegetable. The YOUNG PODS are also eaten, along with the LEAVES.
7) GERMINATION PERCENTAGE: 90 to 95 %.
8) PRETREATMENT is not required.
9) NURSERY TECHNIQUE: Seeds are sown in poly pots and watered regularly. Seedling's growth is very rapid. Seedlings are fit for planting within one month.
10) It is an extremely fast growth rate, especially during the first three to four years.
11) It can be planted very densely at the rate of 3000 plants per ha.