Annona squamosa –Sitaphal - Custard apple Seeds
- OTHER NAMES : Custard apple, sugar apple, sugar-apple, sweet apple, sweet sop, sweetsop
- SOIL : It grows on a variety of soils.
- RECOMMENDATION : This species is recommended for afforestation of bare, eroded and denuded areas
- SEED to SEEDLING : PRE - TREATMENT : Seeds are soaking into water for 12 hours
- NURSERY TECHNIQUE : Seedlings can be raised by putting the seeds in polythene bags. Germination takes place within 8 to 10 days. Watering is to be done regularly
- SEED BIOLOGY : No. of seeds per Kg : around : 400 to 500 seeds
- Germination percentage : 80 %