Chipku Fruit Fly Bactocera Dorsalis The oriental fruit fly has been recorded from 478 kinds of fruit and vegetables , including: apricot, avocado, banana, citrus, coffee, fig, guava, loquat, mango, rose apple, papaya, passion fruit, peach, pear, persimmon, pineapple, surinam cherry and tomato.
However, avocado, mango and papaya are the most commonly attacked. Infestations of 50–80% have been recorded.
Fruit fly attacks over avocado, banana, bitter melon, citrus, coffee, guava, macadamia, mango, papaya, passion fruit, peppers, persimmon, and tomato.
This pest will apparently breed in all fleshy fruits. The damage to crops caused by oriental fruit flies result from
1) Oviposition in fruit and soft tissues of vegetative parts of certain plants,
2) Feeding by the larvae,
3) Decomposition of plant tissue by invading secondary microorganisms. Development from egg to adult under summer conditions requires about 16 days. The mature larva emerges from the fruit, drops to the ground, and forms a tan to dark brown puparium.
Field validity : 60 days
Expiry date : 1 year from date of manufacturing
1. Cost Effective/User Friendly
2. Attract Targeted pest only/Non toxic
3. Weather Proof long Lasting
4. Decrease insecticide use so recommended for organic farming
5. Up to 60 + days field life
6. Result oriented product
7. Leak Proof Pouch Design