RK Seeds – Fodder seeds, Alfalfa seeds, Lucerne seeds Pack of 500 g + Hedge Lucerne, Velimasal, Grass seeds for Sheep, Rabbits, Goat, Cattle, Dairy (Desmanthus virgatus) Pack of 500 g – (Pack of 2)
1. Lucerne is also termed as "Queen of forages". Alfalfa is mainly used as animal fodder. A major source of protein for livestock, it is a basic component in rations for dairy cattle, beef cattle, horses, sheep, goats, and other classes of domestic animals. Its high nutritional quality, high yields, and high adaptability.
2. Lucerne – grass height up to 1 m.
3. Recommended seed rate: 20 Kg/ha.
4. Germination percentage of the seeds: 98 %
5. Germination period: 7 to 14 days
6. First harvest 75 - 80 days after sowing. Subsequent harvests are made at intervals of 25 - 30 days.
7. Alfalfa/ Lucerne is a perennial forage legume that normally lives four to eight years depending on climate condition
8. It is a very palatable and nutritious forage legume containing 15 - 20% crude protein on a dry matter basis
9. Alfalfa is mainly used as animal fodder. It is usually cultivated for hay and is frequently used for silage or haylage, dehydrated to make meal or pellets, or used fresh by grazing or cut-and-carry
10. The crop is valued for honey production and Pigment-rich protein concentrates obtained by the pressure of the aerial part are produced industrially for poultry and pig nutrition
11. Lucerne - helps to improve soil nitrogen fertility and protect from soil erosion
12. Pre–treatment of the Seeds & Nursery Technique: Check - MORE DETAIL ABOUT PRODUCT USE